To keep the fabric on your Sam Moore furniture looking bright, new and inviting for as long as possible, follow these suggestions:
- Periodically, lightly brush or vacuum the upholstery to remove soil particles and dust and prevent them from imbedding between fibers.
- Turn and rotate cushions after vacuuming to prevent excessive wear and soil deposits.
- Avoid placing newspaper on fabric. The ink will permanently stain and discolor the material.
- Keep fabrics away from direct sunlight if possible.
- Do not use acids, dyes, paints or nail polish near fabrics.
- Do not cover fabrics with darker fabrics when having work done in the home, since dyes may rub off.
- Liquid spills should be absorbed immediately. Blot with white absorbent cloth or paper towel.
- Spills such as jelly or soft spills should be scooped up with a soft edge spoon. If the spill has dried up, scoop it gently and vacuum the rest.
- Never throw your fabric in the washer or dryer unless the fabric says it is machine washable. Remove the pillow forms before washing.
- To spot clean, always test an area of the fabric that is not seen first, such as under a chair/sofa skirt. Let it dry, and then proceed if the results are positive. Do not oversaturate an area with any cleaning solutions.
- Do not rub strongly and try not to let a stain dry.
- Professional cleaning will prevent the gradual buildup of dirt and grime, but discuss with the dry cleaner any fire retardant finishes that may not endure through some methods of cleaning.